As February approaches, Walt Disney World gears up to “Celebrate Soulfully” in honor of Black History Month. From vibrant art to savory soul food, the resort promises a rich tapestry of experiences that embrace Black heritage and culture. Let’s dive into the festivities awaiting guests at the happiest place on Earth.
Visit streaming.thesource.com for more information
1. Grand Marshal Michael James Scott: Kicking off the month-long celebration, Broadway star Michael James Scott, renowned for his portrayal of Genie in “Aladdin,” will lead the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” at Magic Kingdom Park on Feb. 6. Don’t miss the chance to catch him along the parade route, spreading joy and magic.
2. Princess Tiana Tiara Pin: Dreams come true with the release of the Princess Tiana tiara pin, designed by Brittany L. Smith of Walt Disney Imagineering. Inspired by Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, this limited-release pin captures the essence of the beloved princess and her iconic journey.
3. EPCOT International Festival of the Arts: Art takes center stage at EPCOT with three talented Black artists showcasing their work from Feb. 12-19. Additionally, the DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series at America Gardens Theatre will feature electrifying performances by renowned Black artists throughout the festival.
4. Disney Springs Art Walk: Immerse yourself in a world of color and creativity at Disney Springs’ Art Walk, featuring captivating murals by Black artists such as Ernest Shaw, Nneka Jones, and Nardstar. Indulge in food, music, and shopping while admiring these vibrant works of art.
5. African Art Exhibit at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Journey to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to explore a new African art installation by internationally renowned artist Victor Ekpuk. Delve into historical narratives and contemporary African diaspora through Ekpuk’s captivating artwork.
6. Animation Experience at Conservation Station: Get inspired by the legendary Floyd Norman, Disney’s first credited Black animator, at Conservation Station’s Animation Experience. Learn to illustrate beloved Disney and Pixar characters under the guidance of Norman’s legacy.
7. “Cooking with Soul” Cuisine: Savor the flavors of soulful cuisine across Walt Disney World resorts, featuring classic comfort foods prepared by a diverse group of chefs. From Mini Red Velvet Cakes to Shrimp and Grits, indulge your taste buds in a culinary celebration of soulful delights.
8. Magical Encounters with Ariel, Tiana, and Asha: Interact with a diverse array of beloved characters throughout February and beyond. From Tiana’s enchanting presence at Magic Kingdom Park to Ariel’s live-action charm at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, make unforgettable memories with these iconic personalities.
Walt Disney World invites guests to “Celebrate Soulfully” this Black History Month, honoring Black culture, heritage, and contributions through a magical tapestry of experiences. From captivating performances to culinary delights, embark on a journey of celebration and inspiration at the most magical place on Earth.
CLICK HERE for more info.